Vil du reagere på denne meddelelse? Tilmeld dig forummet med et par klik eller log ind for at fortsætte.

Admin: Jonas Milfred | Mod: Hans Gundertofte, Michael Lauridsen, Mikkel Davidsen og Michael Rasmussen

SøgNyeste billederForumforsideLog indTilmeld

Summon Response Chain 1

Go down 
ForfatterBesked
TheDamnChicken

Antal indlæg : 63

Summon Response Chain 1 Empty
IndlægEmne: Summon Response Chain 1   Summon Response Chain 1 EmptySøn Aug 02, 2009 5:16 pm

The Summon Negation Chain (Part I of III)
Posted 01-14-2009 at 07:31 AM by Kalani
Unofficial Guide to the Summon Negation / Response Chains 
Posted On 09/03/2008 22:30:42 

The following article is one I posted on the Official Yugioh Forums nearly 1 1/2 years ago in an effort to clarify and explain the often misunderstood "Summon Negation" and "SummonResponse" chains.

Seeing as how many players do not frequent the yugioh forums or even know of their existance, I feel it is appropriate to cross-post this article here, as the information contained within is still relevant to this day.

The Unofficial Guide to the Summon Negation / Response Chains.
Despite being a relatively simple aspect of the game, the "Summon Response Chain" causes great confusion amongst many players. Unfortunately, despite being such a simple concept, it can be notoriously difficult to explain.

As a result, I appologise in advance about the length of this explaination, and in an effort to not overwhelm, I have broken it up into several separate points.

Given how difficult it is to explain the "Summon Response Chain" without using an example, for the purpose of this explaination, I will refer back to the following chain, which is a perfectly legal (if not complex, and somewhat unrealistic) example of the kinds of things you can see happen during a single "Summon Response Chain".
• Player A Summons "Blowback Dragon" 
• Player A activates the effect of "Blowback Dragon" on priority. 
• Player B chains "Bottomless Trap Hole" 
• Player A chains "Interdimensional Matter Transporter" targeting "Blowback Dragon" 
• Player B chains "Enemy Controller", Tributing "Sangan" as its cost and targets "Blowback Dragon" 
• Player A chains "Book of Moon" Targeting "Blowback Dragon" 
• Player B chains "Torrential Tribute" 
• Player A does not respond 
• Player B chains "Call of the Haunted" targeting "Sangan".

The Summon Negation & Summon Response Chains Explained
Player A Summons "Blowback Dragon". 
This part is Self Explainatory, and is the Trigger which starts both of the chains below beginning with - 

The Summon Negation Chain: 
The moment Player A summons "Blowback Dragon" the "Timing Window" to activate a card(s) which will negate the Summon of a Monster opens. 

This is infact a seaprate chain independant of the Summon Response chain that, "technically" occurs before a monster is summoned, but after its intention to be summoned has been announced (and the card placed face-up on the field). 

Since this chain happens before the monster is considered "summoned", anything which occurs in this chain has no impact on whether you can activate a card(s) effect during the "Summon Response Chain" which occurs after it. 

While this chain has never been given any "official" or "unofficial" name, I will call it the "Summon Negation Chain" for the purposes of this explaination only.

While this was not shown in the above example, the "Summon Negation Chain" did resolve with the following two steps:
• Player A does not activate "Solemn Judgement" or similar card. 
• Player B does not activate "Solemn Judgement" or similar card.

As neither player iniated this chain by activating a card with a "Summon Negation" effect, the game state progresses beyond this point, and the Timing Window to activate "SummonNegation" cards closes. IOWs, The "Summon Negation Chain" resolves without effect.

If the following had occured instead, the "Summon Response Chain" would still continue uninterrupted. This is due to the fact that this chain resolves before the monster is considered to have been "successfully summoned".
• Player A does not activate "Solemn Judgement" or a similar card. 
• Player B activates "Forced Back". 
• Player A activates "Seven Tools of the bandit". 
• Player B does not respond 
• Player A does not respond

This is due to the fact that "Seven Tools of the Bandit" will negate the effect of "Forced Back", and as a result, the monster will be summoned to the field, as indicated below.
Tilbage til toppen Go down

Summon Response Chain 1
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 1
 Lignende emner
-
» Summon Response Chain 2
» Summon Response Chain 3

Forumtilladelser:Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum
 :: YuGiOh! :: Kortregler-
Gå til: