Vil du reagere på denne meddelelse? Tilmeld dig forummet med et par klik eller log ind for at fortsætte.

Admin: Jonas Milfred | Mod: Hans Gundertofte, Michael Lauridsen, Mikkel Davidsen og Michael Rasmussen

SøgNyeste billederForumforsideLog indTilmeld

Prioritet i korte træk

Go down 
2 deltagere
ForfatterBesked
TheDamnChicken

Antal indlæg : 63

Prioritet i korte træk Empty
IndlægEmne: Prioritet i korte træk   Prioritet i korte træk EmptyLør Aug 01, 2009 8:27 pm

Her er introduktionen til prioritet:

En mere detaljeret guide af Kalani Kommer senere, men denne er nemmere at forstå...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figured I would get around to writing this since there are always alot of questions being asked about this subject, and alot of misunderstanding about this concept.

Yugioh is based on the concept that one of the two players always has priority to perform an action first. What the actions are differs depending on whose turn it is, and what phase it is, but priority is always held by one of the two players. The turn player retains priority at the beginning of each step as well as the beginning of each phase.

There are some actions that do not automatically pass priority.

Setting a card, whether it's monster magic or trap, does not pass priority. In fact the turn player retains priority to activate a spell speed 2 or higher effect in response to setting a card. And no, GB contact fusing is not one of things you can do with priority.

Manually changing the battle position of a face up monster also results in the turn player retaining priority to activate a spell speed 2 or higher effect.

As a rule thumb, anytime an action that uses the chain is activated, priority is passed from one player to another. Actions that do not use the chain such as drawing a card, setting a card, declaring an attack, result in the turn player retaining priority to activate a spell speed 2 or higher effect. Also, during the main phase when a chain resolves and no monster is summoned, the turn player retains priority to activate a spell speed 2 or higher effect in response to the resolution of that chain. If the chain results in a monster being summoned, the turn player retains priority to activate an ignition effect or spell speed 2 or higher effect in response.

Example 1: The turn player activates call of the haunted targeting lonefire blossom. When Call resolves lonefire is special summoned to the field. The turn player can activate lonefire blossom's effect with priority.

Example 2: The turn player activates Destiny Draw discarding destiny hero malicious. when destiny draw resolves, the turn player has priority to activate a spell speed 2 or higher effect. They cannot activate malicious' effect with priority. It looks like the non turn player will have a chance to either chain D.D. Crow to destiny draw, or activate it in response to the resolution of Destiny draw.^^

Example 3: The turn player activates Reinforcement of the Army. When it resolves, she brings Elemental Hero Stratos to her hand. She retains priority to activate a spell speed 2 or higher effect in response to the resolution of RotA. Her opponent activates Mind Crush naming Elemental Hero Stratos in response to the resolution since she did not have any responses.

I'm going to attempt to list out the basic actions for the turn player with priority for each phase. Keep in mind this is what the turn player can do as soon as they enter each phase.

Draw Phase: 
After a card is drawn, the turn player has priority to activate a spell speed or higher effect in response to them drawing a card. 

Standby Phase:
The turn player retains priority to activate a spell speed 2 or higher effect. The turn player also retains priority to activate the effect of any/all trigger effects that activate during the standby phase such as tree born frog.

Main Phase:
The turn player retains priority to normal/flip/special summon a monster.
The turn player retains priority to activate any spell or trap, regardless of speed.
The turn player retains priority to set a card. 
The turn player retains priority to activate the ignition, trigger(if applicable), or quick effect(if applicable) of any of their monsters.
The turn player retains priority to change the battle position of any of their monsters.

Battle Phase: Start Step:
The turn player retains priority to activate a spell speed 2 or higher effect.

Battle Phase: Battle Step
The turn player retains priority to declare an attack with one of their monsters.
The turn player retains priority to activate a spell speed 2 or higher effect in response to their attack. This is assuming that there are no trigger effects involved.

Battle Phase: The Damage Step: at the beginning of each of the 7 substeps of the damage step, the turn player has priority to begin a chain with appropriate cards.

Battle Phase: The End Step: The turn player retains priority to activate a spell speed 2 or higher effect.
The turn player retains priority to activate the effects of any and all trigger effects that activate during the end step such as the effects of Gladiator Beast monsters.

Main Phase 2: see main phase.

End Phase: The turn player retains priority to activate a spell speed 2 or higher effect.
The turn player retains priority to activate the effect of any/all trigger effects that activate during the end phase such as the second effect of Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress.
The turn player retains priority to resolve any/all lingering effects of cards that resolve during the end phase, such as brain control, limiter removal, and enemy controller.

Now lets get to the part that we have all got hung up on at least some point of playing this game. Priority in regards to a monster being summoned. Coincidentally, this will also cover the summon negation and response chains. I will try to be as in depth as necessary.

Lets assume that the turn player attempts to normal summon a monster.

A small window is opened that gives both players a chance to negate the summon. This is the summon negation window. A single chain started by a cards that negates the summon of a monster is all that is allowed.
The turn player retains priority to negate the summon of their own monster. If they pass, the non-turn player now has priority to negate the summon. IF both players pass, the summon negation window is now closed,the summon is considered successful, continuous effects are now applied, and the window in response to a successful summon of a monster is now opened. only one chain is allowed in this window.

During the main phase if the turn player summons a monster, assuming that there are no trigger effect interfering, the turn player retains priority to activate the ignition effect of one of their monsters, or activate a spell speed 2 or higher effect in response to the successful summon.

Trigger effects on a monster that the turn player summons, or on a card that activates when the turn player summons a monster use up the turn player's priority once they activate. Priority is immediately passed to the opponent.
You cannot activate these trigger effects with priority.

Trigger effects that activate from a card controlled by the non turn player when the turn player summons a monster prevent the turn player from activation ignition effects in response to the summon. You cannot manually chain spell speed 1 effects. However, the turn player still retains priority to activate a spell speed 2 or higher effect in response to the successful summon.

The following examples are all from the perspective of the turn player during the main phase.

Example 1: The turn player summons a snipe hunter. During the summon negation window, the non turn player tries to negate the summon with solemn judgment. The turn player responds with dark bribe. Neither player has any response and the summon is considered successful.

The non turn player has alot of face down cards he would like to activate. However, the non turn player must wait until the turn player decides whether or not they will activate the ignition effect of any of their monsters, or a spell speed 2 or higher effect in response to the summon. After the turn player has performed one of those actions, or has passed priority to the non turn player by deciding that they will not activate any effects, the non turn player is allowed to activate a spell speed 2 or higher effect.

Example 2:
The turn player successfully summons a Caius, the Dark Monarch. Caius' effect activates and a target is chosen. Priority is immediately passed to the opponent.

Example 3:
The turn player successfully summons a snipe hunter while the opponent controls a Black Garden. The turn player cannot activate any ignition effects with priority because black garden is already chain link 1. The turn player can still respond with spell speed 2 or higher effects with priority.

Example 4:
The turn player successfully summons an exiled force while they control a cyber valley. The turn player can activate either one of those monsters ignition effect with priority.

Example 5: The turn player successfully summons Elemental Hero Stratos while they control exiled force. The turn player must decide if they are going to use any of Stratos' optional trigger effects. If the turn player decides to do so, priority is immediately passed to the opponent. If the turn player decides not to, they will retain priority to activate the ignition effect of a monster, or a spell speed 2 or higher effect.

Example 6: The turn player successfully summons Elemental Hero Stratos while their opponent controls Black Garden. The turn player must decide if they are going to use any of Stratos' optional trigger effects. If they decide to, the effects of Stratos will form a chain with Black Garden that will look like:

Link 1: Black Garden
Link 2: Elemental Hero Stratos

This is not a manual chaining of Spell speed 1 effects.

If the turn player chooses not to activate the effect of Stratos, they will retain priority to activate a spell speed 2 or higher effect as chain link 2.

Example 7: The turn player successfully summons Breaker. Breaker's effect to gain a counter activates. Priority is immediately passed to the opponent. Note that breaker cannot activate his "break" effect since he will not have a counter on him till his effect resolves, and you cannot chain his effects to anything.

If any part of this is incorrect, or incomplete, please let me know so any misinformation can be corrected. 

Special Thanks to KalaniJasmine who first undertook the majority of this project on the former UD forums, those will proofread and correct any mistakes in this, and the many nameless who have shared this knowledge with us in the past.

and remember, Monsters never have priority, only the players do!

Enjoy^^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tilbage til toppen Go down
yous0147

yous0147

Antal indlæg : 40

IndlægEmne: Sv: Prioritet i korte træk   Prioritet i korte træk EmptySøn Aug 02, 2009 1:55 am

"and remember, Monsters never have priority, only the players do!"

Der hvor jeg spiller siger man altid "den har prioritet" altsaa monsteret. O.o
De vidste det vist ikke XD...
TheDamnChicken

Antal indlæg : 63

IndlægEmne: Sv: Prioritet i korte træk   Prioritet i korte træk EmptySøn Aug 02, 2009 4:03 pm

Prioritet er som der er skrevet noget spilleren har ;P

ja man siger "jeg spiller Snipe Hunter i prioritet"... det betyder man bruger sin prioritet (som kum man selv som spiller har) på have snipe hunter som chain link 1
Sponsoreret inhold

IndlægEmne: Sv: Prioritet i korte træk   Prioritet i korte træk Empty

Prioritet i korte træk
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 1
 Lignende emner
-
» Prioritet i dybten 1
» Prioritet i dybten 2